Chronic Sleepiness in teenagers is a public health epidemic. The resulting physical and mental health issues are even more alarming. Just over a year ago, I read an alarming series of facts. The American Academy of Pediatrics declared the chronic sleepiness of our nation's teenagers a public health epidemic. The resultant physical and mental illnesses were even more alarming.
Through no fault of their own (mostly), teens were stuck between a rock and a hard place...the force to be fiercely independent, and 'sleep phase delay' due to delayed melatonin production.
Having a now 22 year old, and recalling all the arguments we had over sleep hours, I wish I’d known what I know now, to have better supported him. And doing it before the teen years. Do you know the saying, 'Raising a teen is like nailing jello to a wall'. Nothing much sticks, in one ear and out the other, etc. But my 7 year old, she not only cares about what I say, she remembers it!
So my wife and I have set out to raise her as a 'sleep smart' child. Simply instilling the importance of sleep, of having regular sleep schedule seven days a week. And using tools that help her relax before or in bed.
For instance, we made play dough and added a couple drops of lavender and geranium essential oils to it. We sit with our daughter and make shapes while in bed, with all that lovely scent filing the room. It’s hard for us not to fall asleep! And it works a treat on our daughter.
We believe this is so important to raise the next generation of better sleepers that we have created a products for teens. It is designed for taking to College and makes a great graduation gift. The Dorm: 100% cool wool deeper sleeper system.
- 100% cool wool fleece Topper + 100% cool wool plush comforter
- Sized for Twin XL mattress (We custom sew any size on request)
- Wool helps you fall asleep faster and sleep longer, with more time in deep sleep
- Topper/Comforter combo naturally breathes and controls humidity
- Insulates against hot synthetic dorm mattresses
- 100% premium cool wool from Australia, the world's leading wool grower
- Naturally antibacterial, little to no washing needed
- Fully machine washable and tumble dry (just in case)
- Packed in a heavy canvas duffel bag for easy travel and reuse
- Designed in America by a proudly American company
Don’t put up with inferior sleep (or grades) any longer. Buy the first bedding specifically handcrafted for Dorms. Shop now at https://youarewhatyousleep.com/products/the-dorm-deeper-sleeper-bedding-system
Do not put up with chronic sleepiness any longer. Because a well-slept teen is not only healthier and happier, but performs so much better at school.
Sleep well now!